Friday, January 10, 2014

Sketchbook update II: The moleskine edition.



These are my moleskine entries over the past year or so. I did a lot of these drawings while I was living abroad and having weird feelings about everything. I'm making it a priority to get back to sketchbook experiments this year, but I have a lot on my plate already.

Click to enlarge (that's what she said)



Here's the cover. Stickers from Vonzos, JonMDC and Servadio.


First page. Always feels good popping a moleskine cherry.



I did this page while at Papanatos waiting for Guy to tattoo me. 





The right image is a painting I did for Vonzos. 






Pika.


These next two pages involve some papercraft/papercutting. I took photos to document the effect.






Made these pages at the Wellcome Collection in London. One thing London has going for it is giant awesome free museums. I could spend all day looking at wilting taxidermied creatures or medical oddities... and I did. 





I was in Berlin when I drew this. Shortly after, The Knife dropped their new album, and then I had an emotional breakdown, and then I saw them play live. Crazy month.



This page is from the Berlin Museum of Natural History.



Some nerds playing Munchkin in a coffee shop.















I drew the image below on the plane from London to Vancouver. Everything that comes after this was done in Vancity.















I had the word "stay" stuck in my head for most of my summer back in Vancouver. 



I spend a lot of time looking at Noah's face. 

The bottom right image is the most accurate depiction of him I've drawn so far.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all of these! My Nomi Chi addiction is temporarily sated. You always remind me to get back to my own sketchbooking. Mine has fallen by the way of 'there-are-too-many-random-life-notes-in-this-book-and-not-enough-pictures'.
    If you published a sketchbook book, I'd buy it. <3
    Of course, someday I'd love to get a freehand tat too.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed your work so much - I love seeing all your pages like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even better than the other. This is where the fun stuff is. I love how most things in your work are dripping or smoking or melting in some way - particularly the fish.

    Mmmm. I have a thigh reserved for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work, reminds me of James Jean's sketchbook stuff but more up my alley (And he's already in my alley but like.. Got waylaid by the rats or somethin)
    Pissed I missed your flash tatts tonight but will be lurking to see when you're open for bookings..

    ReplyDelete